We love blueberries. Every summer we spend in Finland, we pick them. A lot of them. These tasty arctic berries became part of our everyday meals and desserts. It’s about 10 years ago when I got this recipe from a good friend in Joensuu, and since then this is my favorite Finnish blueberry pie recipe with some modifications. I’ve baked it both with fresh and frozen blueberries through the years, and nobody ever complained about it.
There is nothing better than home-made blueberry pies, whether it is summer, fall, spring, or winter. I’ll share with you this easy blueberry pie recipe that you can make it too. And believe me, it is much tastier than mämmi, but hard to rank it with other delicious Finnish food.
Easy Blueberry Pie Ingredients
For the base
- 175 g wheat flour
- 100 g of butter
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
For the topping
- 300 g fresh blueberries (or 1 package of frozen berries ~ 200 g)
- 200 g sour cream (1 jar)
- 2 tablespoon sugar (if the berries are ripe, you don’t need more)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
How to Prepare Finnish Blueberry Pie
0. Pick blueberries in the forest if you can 😉
- For the base of the pie, mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and add the egg, sugar, vanillin sugar to it, mixed it well.
- Combine the two mixtures and press into a pie baking form.
- Put the blueberries evenly on top of it.
- For the topping, mix the sour cream with sugar, vanilla sugar, and the egg.
- Pour the topping into the pie and let it spread.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 30 min at 200°C
Hyvää ruokahalua! Bon appetite! (and scroll down for more pictures!)
Sign Up NOW – it is FREE
Pin for later!
About the Author
Katalin is a Lapland-based outdoor enthusiast who loves hiking, road-tripping and traveling with her family. She spends her free time far away from civilization in one of the national parks around the world, explores off the beaten path places, or hops on a road trip with her kids in an RV.
Read more about her adventures and the blog.